1. Copy one sheet for each individual student.
2. Put the students into pairs, and hand out the worksheets one between two (give out the remaining sheets after the activity to ensure better pair work).
3. Focus students' attention on the instructions and the three types of adverbs. Students discuss each sentence using an appropriate adverb from the choice of three in brackets. Stress that students only need to use one, and not all three.
4. Monitor the students, providing language input or error correction when necessary.
5. Make sure now every student has a copy of the sheet, and elicit responses from some of the students and draw to their attention any appropriate vocabulary or serious language mistakes.