1. Copy one sheet for each individual student and distribute them.
2. Focus students' attention on the instructions to part A. Students must first match fifteen verbs used for increase/decrease to their meanings and connotations in the box. Feedback the answers before proceeding to part B.
3. Next, students do some writing practice by writing eight sentences addressing the issues concerned, using the appropriate verb of increase/decrease.
4. Monitor the students, and when appropriate provide any necessary individual language or vocabulary input.
5. For feedback, get students to orally contribute their answers for part A, whereas for part B get students to write their answers on the board.
6. Draw the students' attention to any specific mistakes which seem prevalent through the work and offer language input.